The Career Closet is a space where students/alumni can find professional clothing to help set them apart for an interview, internship, career fair, or any other professional event in their lives.
The only reason I was able to compete in the XMC Case Competition this year was because of the career closet. Being a student and not working during the year, I didn't have enough money to go out and buy a suit to compete. Lucky for me, I was taking a class with Cat at the time and she told me about how I could get a suit for free. With that no longer being an obstacle, I was able to join a team that would go on to win the case competition. The career closet is a huge help for students like me who need formal attire but don't have the resources to go get it themselves. I'm excited to donate back to it when I'm able to!
CLOTHING CARE TIPS
INTERESTED IN DONATING CLOTHING?
We need your help!
The WWU Career Closet is community supported through generous donations from faculty, staff, alumni, and members.
Why should I donate?
- Increase equitable opportunities for all students by providing access to professional clothing
- Increase access to clothing that fits all body types and levels of expression
- Promote sustainable fashion by redirecting unwanted clothing items away from the landfill
What kind clothing can I donate?
- Pre-washed, ready-to-wear, business-professional or business-casual attire
How do I donate?
- Drop off donations in the Career Services Center (Old Main 280) Monday-Friday from 9-4pm.
- Faculty and Staff can call 360.650.2944 to arrange an on-campus pickup
Have more questions?
Call us at 360.650.3240
Itemized tax deduction receipt available upon request